Wednesday, March 21, 2007

FIFTY-FIVE SMACKERS??????

Sadly, I am not going to be at the Discovery Institute program here in Knoxville. I cannot justify the cover charge of fifty-five dollars, not with four hungry kids to feed. My graduate advisor, Andy Kramer, is going and will take notes. He suggested that I crash the gate at some point. I don't know. I sure know I don't want to give the Institute that kind of money, since I disagree with how they try to effect their program. I don't like deception, and have read enough to think they practice it on several levels. Oh well.

It sort of defeats the purpose of this blog not to go, but there will be plenty of press reports and interviews. Life goes on.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    If I heard correctly on Hallerin Hill's show a few minutes ago, student admission is only $5. I may be wrong, but there should be a reduced rate for students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct. Student admission was only five dollars. i found that out very late and did not get a chance to mention it. Also, I had the opportunity to go for 20 dollars by showing up at the Lee Strobel talk at Grace Baptist Church, Thursday night. At that point, i was alrady committed to other things. My brief discussion with Mr. Strobel at the time indicated to me that he may not be completely familiar with the entire platform of the Discovery Institute. On the other hand, that may be unfair, based on a five minute conversation.

    ReplyDelete