Sunday, March 13, 2011

Shichigahama

My parents used to own a summer home in a missionary community on the northeastern coast of Japan on the seven beaches peninsula (Shichigahama). We still have friends in the area. I have had no word from the people in the region but this is what the town of Shiogama, seven mile away, looked like after the earth quake:




Please pray for the people in this area. This is a wondrous earth that God has created but it moves around quite a bit, often with disastrous consequences for the people that live on it.

2 comments:

  1. I have been posting news I hear about Shichigahama in the comments at http://www.wickedlocal.com/plymouth/features/x698043498/Shichigahama-struck-by-earthquake-tsunami if you are interested. I used to live there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martianne,
    Thank you so much for the information that you left in the comments. Amidst the devastation and tragedy, it is nice to know that Kokusaimura (we always called it Takayama) is largely okay. I will pass this on to the rest of my family.

    ReplyDelete