Friday, September 25, 2009

Kevin Spacey in Inherit the Wind

Kevin Spacey is appearing in the play Inherit the Wind at the Old Vic, in London from September 18 through December 20. Charlie Piane of Broadwayworld.com writes:
Trevor Nunn says: "I directed scenes from this remarkable play when I was a student, and realized then just how electric and involving it could be for audiences. So I feel unusually fulfilled, more than a generation later, to be able to direct Kevin Spacey and David Troughton in this Titanic clash of ideas. The debate it presents, that goes to the heart of what freedom means in America, continues to find its way into the courtrooms of the United States in Darwin's Anniversary year. Somehow, I don't think Jerome Lawrence and Robert E.Lee would be surprised".
I would stop by if I could

----------------
Now playing: Peter Schickele, Jon Kimura Parker; Jorge Mester: The New York Pick-Up Ensemble - Bach (PDQ): Concerto For 2 Pianos Vs. Orchestra - Presto Changio
via FoxyTunes .

No comments:

Post a Comment