Thursday, July 16, 2009

Creation Opens Toronto Film Festival

According to Jane Stevenson of the Toronto Sun, the movie about Charles Darwin and His Wife, Emma, called Creation, will open the Toronto Film Festival. The store notes that Organizer, Cameron Bailey stated:

"We fell in love with one film that we found to be moving, beautifully crafted, and full of ideas that may be 150 years old but have never been more current. We love it when our films get people talking and this one promises to do just that.

"It's especially interesting to watch real-life couple Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly play husband and wife here."

Creation, described as "part ghost story, part psychological thriller, part heart-wrenching love story," is directed by Jon Amiel (The Core, Entrapment, The Man Who Knew Too Little) and comes on the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth.

I will admit that my trepidation at seeing this film is a bit higher than normal because Christianity is rarely portrayed correctly in cinema (even Christian-based cinema). On the other hand, I am much more inclined to see this film that I was Expelled, which I knew was going to be agenda-driven. We shall see. And ever since I saw Jennifer Connelly in Dark City, I have been a fan.



----------------
Now playing: Pat Metheny Group - The Way Up: Part Two
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment