Monday, March 31, 2008

Obama on Evolution

Barack Obama was in York, Pennsylvania and was asked by an interviewer for the York Daily Record what he thought about the evolution debate. his answer was more focused than anything else he has said in his campaign:

Q: York County was recently in the news for a lawsuit involving the teaching of intelligent design. What's your attitude regarding the teaching of evolution in public schools?

A: "I'm a Christian, and I believe in parents being able to provide children with religious instruction without interference from the state.

But I also believe our schools are there to teach worldly knowledge and science. I believe in evolution, and I believe there's a difference between science and faith. That doesn't make faith any less important than science.

It just means they're two different things. And I think it's a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don't hold up to scientific inquiry."

Too bad I can't agree with him on sooooo many other things.



----------------
Now playing: William Ackerman - Visiting (Live)
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment