Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hollywood and John McCain

UPI is reporting that support for John McCain is "tepid." Wow, now there's the shock of the century! In the process, McCain picked up an endorsement: Ben Stein. The article notes:

The Politico reported Wednesday that among those supporting the Arizona senator is Warren Beatty, the head of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, who has raised more than $100,000 for McCain, and actor Ben Stein.

"I've given him the maximum I'm allowed in this cycle, and when he gets the nomination, I'll give him the maximum again," said Stein, who recently made a documentary about intelligent design.

"Hollywood is not Republican country. There are some of us here, but not enough to make a difference. I don't think Hollywood will be counted on to make a great deal of support for Senator McCain," Stein said.

Warren Beatty?? The man behind the paean to John Reed, the founder of the American Communist Party? My, how times have changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment